WHEN you walk into the Dollar Tree, you expect to pay at least a dollar for most items, but we share four hacks to help you save more cash.
With inflation on the rise, many people are continuing to find creative ways to keep money in their wallets.
The Dollar Tree is a great place to snag deals on every day goods.
If you plan ahead, you’ll be able to cut the cost even more.
A manufacturer coupon is one that is issued and funded by a manufacturer.
Coupons typically offer a free item or a specific amount off of the purchase price of one or more products.
The Dollar Tree does not accept digital coupons.
However, they do allow printable internet manufacturer coupons and paper manufacturer coupons.
Here are some things to know:
- You can only use one manufacturer coupon per item.
- You can use as many different newspaper coupons as you want in a transaction.
- You can only use up to four identical coupons in one transaction.
- You can use coupons valued over $1, however Dollar Tree won’t give you overage, meaning they won’t pay you the remaining balance; you would get it for free.
2. Value Seekers Blog
Dollar Tree combined all the new ideas, inspiration and ways to spend less and save more in one area.
It’s called the Value Seekers Blog.
It’s a way to interact with customers and share fun and frugal ideas for crafts, recipes.
All the ideas you find in the Value Seekers Blog can be created from products you can find at Dollar Tree.
3. Buy in bulk and ship for free
Buying in bulk is also a great way to save at many places, Dollar Tree included.
When you shop online, you can take advantage of free shipping when you choose to have your order shipped to your local store.
Here’s how their shipping process works:
- Place the items in your shopping cart, then proceed to checkout
- During checkout, select the “In-Store Pickup” shipping option, if available
- Next, choose your local Dollar Tree store
- Once your order is processed and received by the store, you’ll receive a notification via email telling you that your order is ready to be picked up
- When you’re ready, head to the store with the email confirmation, along with a state-issued photo ID or driver’s license
To avoid order cancellation, the Dollar Tree would like customers to pick up orders within six days from the receipt of your pickup email confirmation.
Meanwhile, if you’re able to, buying in bulk online can sometimes get you deals like up to 50 cents per unit.
4. Earn cash back
There are a few ways to earn cash back at the Dollar Tree.
You can use a rebate app such as Ibotta.
Ibotta is an app that allows you to get cash back every time you shop online, in-store or from your phone.
Another way to save is by paying with a cash-back credit card.
Depending on the card you choose, these credit cards help you earn rewards by providing bonuses when they use their cards to make purchases.
Cash back rewards can take the form of either dollars or points.
Typically, points are redeemable on an online marketplace operated by the card issuer and cash back rewards are operated on a percentage basis.
A Costco employee warns customers not to miss this.
Plus, here’s how to get a free cone at Dairy Queen.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?